Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flowers from Mom

I woke up this morning and my knee felt a little better. The "feeling better" is in teeny, tiny increments these days and that's OK, as long as it continues. I'm not back to the point where my physical therapist had me ditch the crutches last time, but even if I was, I wouldn't be as quick to leave them behind. Now that I've had this bad setback experience, I don't want it to happen again. That means being much more cautious and careful now than I ever was before.

My Mom drove from the East Bay into the city to spend the afternoon with me. Thanks Mom! It was nice. After spending most of the weekend alone on my couch, it was good to see my Mom and catch up in person. My parents got back from Spokane last week after spending a long weekend with my sister and her family. My Mom brought me pretty flowers from their garden and an few servings of corned beef hash they made this weekend. I ate some for dinner and it was delicious. Mom also went with me to the grocery store. I've found one of the hardest things about being on crutches is making a trip to the market. My Mom carried everything and if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been able to stock up on nearly as much food for the week! The big secret I kept was that I was about to call her this morning when she called me first and offered to drive into the city. I was very grateful for her help, as well as my health. Without her, I might have been ordering pizza or Chinese food all week! Of course, I do have friends I could have asked for help as well, they have offered more than once and I should take them up on it. One of my biggest faults is having a hard time asking for help from anyone. I'm working on it... I really am!

No comments: