Thursday, September 4, 2008

Made My Day

A freelance graphic designer at work said something really nice to me today. As she passed me in the hallway she said, "Do you work out?" I paused for a second then replied, "Wow, thank you for saying that." Inside, I just wanted to hug her! I told her I haven't been able to exercise much since my knee injury. She mentioned she figured I must do something athletic. I told her I used to run marathons and do triathlons. She just nodded and said I have that type of body, then she walked away. Little does she know how much her comment meant to me... it's been so long since I've had a regular workout routine! I guess I must maintain some muscle tone because otherwise she wouldn't have asked me the question. She just made my day!

This reminds me how I should compliment people more often. Doesn't it feel good when someone says something nice to you? Let's all make an extra effort, OK?

No comments: