Sunday, September 19, 2010

A "Mile" Here a "Point" There All Adds Up!

As you all know, I travel a lot for work. My opinion is that I don't travel more than the average person who travels for work, I'm not completely out of George Clooney's movie "Up in the Air." One thing I do have in common with his character is that I make sure I do as much as possible to gain airline miles and hotel points. Since I spend time away from home for work, I figure I should get some benefits out of it! This Fall I was very excited to have earned enough hotel "Stays" with the Starwood Hotel Group (Westin, Sheraton, W Hotels, and others) that I reached the Platinum Level! Woo hoo! In this level I can earn triple points and often get upgrades to suites when I stay at the participating hotels.

I decided after all these years of building up miles and points that it is finally time to use some of them. Using miles and hotel points, I've booked a trip to Paris! I will be taking my first visit to this much acclaimed city between Christmas and New Year's. I'm SO excited!

No comments: