Monday, October 1, 2007

Love My New Gym

I LOOOVE my new gym at UCSF - Mission Bay Bakar Fitness Center. I don't know how often I'll be able to attend since I'm on what they call an "Express Membership". The facility is at capacity, so I am only able to workout there from 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. Still, I swam last Thursday in the rooftop pool and it is a DREAM! I shared a lane at the beginning of my swim with a gentleman swimming with a snorkel. After my warm up I had the lane to myself and it was wonderful. A wide open lane under the open sky. Ahhhhh (Picture the sun shining with rays stretching down from the clouds). Ok, that is a slightly dramatic visual, but that's how I felt. I realize the indoor pools were really bringing me down. Too enclosed. I hope to somehow swim at least twice a week. With my upcoming work travels, I'm not so sure. The waiting list to full membership at Bakar will be around 3 months. Then, I will be able to go after work and on weekends. It will be here before I know it. : )

No comments: