Saturday, December 15, 2007

Burned Out

Hi there! Happy, happy, jolly, jolly time! Well... I haven't been quite feeling that way. I'm trying and I promise I will be more in the holiday spirit soon. I think there are a lot of reasons why I'm feeling this way, but this morning one sticks out to me. I'm so tired! I haven't been working out more than usual, so that is not causing me to be tired. I'm getting around 7-8 hours sleep at night, so lack of sleep is not the cause. I believe I'm burned out. I love my job, I really do, but I have to be focused from 9 AM (sometimes earlier) to 6 PM straight. Rarely any time to surf the Internet or write personal emails to friends. I have maybe a half an hour to eat lunch, often at my desk. I give it my all every day and I still don't get it all done. Normally, fitting in a good run was a way to relieve stress for me, but clearly that is not an option these days. The last two weeks have been even more on-the-go with vendors taking us out for holiday dinners. I've enjoyed them, but spending time in that "on" mode for work from 8 AM to 10 PM is draining.

I woke up this morning with no desire to go to the gym, grab coffee, and barely get out of my apartment. It dawned on me that I'm simply burned out and I need a break. I need more than two days to not think about spring in-store marketing, window cling sizes, and ship dates. I'm looking forward to next Saturday when I jump on a plane to wing my way to Spokane, WA for Christmas with my family. I realize being around my newborn niece Morgan will not necessarily be restful, but at least I'll be away from my desk, computer, and phone calls.

The one good thing about the last few weeks is that I've hit the gym a few times to lift weights. It's been a long time since I've felt sore muscles! Still, I haven't been able to go much. Hopefully, once the holiday gatherings are over, I'll be able to up my workouts to 3-4 times a week.

No comments: