Thursday, August 14, 2008

A New Doctor

I made an appointment for next week with Dr. Scott F. Dye. I have been reading about his research over the past year and was reminded of him while reading the tutorial I purchased recently by Paul Ingraham. I thought, "Why am I not seeing this doctor? He is based in San Francisco!" I have mixed feelings about setting up this appointment though. On one hand, I'm not ready to give up on the health of my knee. I feel like I need to keep trying to find someone who will eventually be able to help me. There HAS to be something that can be done other than rest, minimal activity, and yet more physical therapy. Those things haven't worked for me so far, even my knee scope didn't help. Dr. Scott F. Dye seems to be one of the few doctors doing research on these annoying knee syndromes. He even probed his own knee to discover the real pain centers of his knee! Ouch! That's commitment to his trade. I'm hoping he can offer me some advice and alternate remedies I may not have considered yet. 

On the other hand, I'm scared. I'm afraid that Dr. Dye will look at me and say, "What do you want from me?" I'm terrified I'll receive a response to my plight similar as several other doctors in the past. They spoke to me with condescending tones and lectures indicating "you simply need to rest, you were doing too much." Ugh. I tried that, it's been 2.5 years of that. 

Either way, I need to be realistic that after all this time there is most likely no immediate cure or therapy for me and I will need to continue to deal with my cycle of trying to exercise, then my knee flares up and I'm back to rest. It's so frustrating! Still, I'm going to keep trying.

No comments: