Friday, November 27, 2009

A Passing Trend, No Way!

I love my Ugg boots. I actually joined the Ugg boot bandwagon late in the game. These boots have been around for 30 years. My first memory of them was the boot-wearing surfers in Los Angeles. The boots were perfect for warming up feet chilled by the cold ocean. By the time I got a pair, Kate Hudson had worn them while in her underwear in the 2004 movie "Raising Helen." Shortly thereafter the boots were deemed as fashionably "out." I don't think this was because of the movie, I think people were simply tired of looking at them. None of this mattered to me. When I decided I wanted a pair, I just wanted soft, fluffiness for my feet. I was thrilled when I received a pair of short boots as a Christmas gift two years ago.

Earlier this week, as I was making my way through SFO and LAX, I observed many college students traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday. If Ugg boots aren't "in" anymore, why was almost every young adult in the airport wearing the cushy numbers (or the many available knock-offs) on their feet over their skinny-jeans? Maybe the boots are back "in" or maybe they were never really "out" at all?! The majority of the teens/twenty-somethings were wearing sheepskin or knit style boots in Black so I figure that must be the color of choice these days. That said, I still saw plenty of Chestnut and Sand (this photo is of the style and color I own) versions as well.

Ahh... when it is a cold and windy day in the city or suburbs, Ugg Boots are just right. Long live Ugg boots!

No comments: