Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hotlanta... Not So "Hot"

The weather during my trip to Atlanta was freezing! It actually snowed the second day. I arrived on Wednesday afternoon and after a long flight and shuttle ride from the airport (the driver was literally yelling out specific landmarks, we had no idea we would be getting an informal tour of the city!), I arrived at the W Hotel Midtown. It was great! As you all know, I'm a little obsessed with W Hotels. So far I haven't stayed at one I didn't like. I was given a "Spectacular" room on the 19th floor which was modern, yet comfortable. I always like that aspect of this hotel chain. Here are some photos:

The Entrance

My room

The view, day one

Thursday night, day two, a little snow

The snow the second day simply shut down the city on Friday. The experience reminded of me when I lived in Richmond, Virginia. Like Richmond, Atlanta just doesn't have equipment to remove snow from roads quickly and everyone simply panics. Schools where closed on Friday and all were discouraged from getting on the roads unless they really had to do so. Personally, I had to get to the printer. It turned out to be good that my ride was the printers plant operations manager, who was from Wisconsin. He was one of the few who understood driving on snow and ice. My press checks were slow-going on Friday due to employees arriving late to work because of the road conditions, but we made it through and accomplished what we needed to do by the end of the day. Whew... I was a little worried. Once the day was over I was on to a more enjoyable part of my trip, seeing some friends. More to come...

No comments: