Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Latest ROM

My range of motion is getting better! When testing my "good" knee for comparison, the range of motion is now the same on both sides. This is when I bend my knee without any extra help. If I reach back and pull my ankle/foot towards me, I can further the bend of my right knee, but not the left. Currently, that is painful, so I try not to test it very often. ; )

On similar note, the other day I was sitting on the floor at home doing a PT exercise and I decided to try to sit Indian-style. It worked! Of course I haven't sat that way very often in recent years, but it's nice to know I can do so if needed. My favorite way to sit in a chair used to be to tuck my left foot under me and kind of sit on it while my right foot stayed on the floor. It wasn't very lady-like, but comfortable none-the-less. Sometimes I wonder if years of sitting this way led to my left knee problem.

Hey, due to this development maybe there's a little yoga and meditation in my future? Ohhmm... Or, more likely, I will be able to play Duck-Duck-Goose with my nieces! Yay!