Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chattanooga Choo Choo

During the second week of June I traveled to the state of Tennessee for the very first time! I went to Chattanooga, TN to print my company's upcoming school uniform display. The week I arrived (via a plane change in Charlotte, NC) there were limited hotel rooms available due to the upcoming weekend's River Bend Music Festival. My rep at the printer I was working with managed to find me a room at a bed & breakfast in Bluff View, the arts district of town.

The Charlotte, NC airport. It had been a long time since I had been here. I had forgotten all about the rocking chairs!

The Bluff View Inn. I was in the Highlander Room.

A way-finding sign nearby

The area turned out to be really quaint and quiet. The weather was hot and humid in the 90's and thunderstorms were expected. I was glad the storms didn't arrive until the second day I was there. The inn was right up from the Hunter Museum of American Art, which if I had more time, I would have liked to see. It was only a short walk to downtown Chattanooga and the river.

The Hunter Museum. A mix of old and new.

A view of the river. This bridge is for pedestrians only.

My favorite find in Chattanooga was Rembrandt's Coffee. My stay at the inn gave me a complimentary breakfast and coffee each morning at this lovely place. Besides coffee, they sold hand-dipped chocolates and served cafe style lunches and dinners. I ordered chicken-salad with fruit for dinner one night that was to die for! It was chicken-salad sandwich style (without the bread), but had a lovely mild Indian spice that made it just a little more special than typical chicken-salad. Rembrandt's was also a great place to bring my laptop and get online. It was a crazy week at work so I wasn't exactly relaxing in the evenings. The cafe had a wonderful atmosphere though and was great for people-watching. I hope to go back there sometime soon.

Indoor and patio seating at Rembrandt's.

A fruit, yogurt, and granola breakfast. My Mom would love this!

No comments: