Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crissy Field and Sports Basement

Today I visited my long lost friends, Crissy Field and Sports Basement! In my running and boot camp days, I used to visit this area of the city at least twice a week. My running team met at Sports Basement every Tuesday night to run for an hour and the boot camp location rotation included a few areas of Crissy Field. I figured my first walk/run in a loooong time should be in this lovely area with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Here it is on this nice day, not too windy, just the right amount of sun. I walked for 1 3/4 miles and ran for a 1/4 of a mile. My running was awkward, it was like I had forgotten how to run! I'm hoping it gets better from here. : )


After my walk/run, I went to Sports Basement to look for some track pants. Track pants are loose, lightweight pants to slip over my running tights or shorts. Ahhh... I love SB. It used to be my home away from home. I wandered the sections of clothing and shoes, just browsing and seeing what's new. I found some comfy track pants and barely pulled myself away from the cute athletic tops and jackets. Don't... need... those... now... but, I'll be back!

No comments: