Thursday, March 24, 2011

A New Chapter

A week and half after I was told my job was going to be eliminated, I got a call. The call was from the Strategic Sourcing team at the corporate headquarters of my company. I worked with this team regularly in the past so when they heard about what happened, they thought of me.

A member of their team was going on maternity leave for about 5 months so they offered that I take her place while she is gone. I was skeptical at first. What about Print Production? The position with the Sourcing team is as an analyst. Me? An analyst? Luckily, when I met with the director of their team, he said the short-term position could be adjusted to fit my abilities. Nice. I won't go into great detail, but they went over and above and it was an offer I couldn't refuse! They understand I will be actively looking for a new print production position. Since it fills their needs and gives me some breathing room to find a new job, it's a win-win for everyone! This photo is the view from the building I'm working in now. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: