Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day at the Ballpark

I took my Mom to a Giants game for Mother's Day this year. My friend Liz and I had purchased tickets for May 8 a few weeks back and she later enlightened me that the game was on Mother's Day! I thought Mother's Day was the weekend after the game so I was a little caught off guard. Since my Mom is such a huge Giants fan, I asked her if she could join us for the game as well and she said yes. Luckily, I was able to purchase one more seat in the same row, just two seats away. Once we arrived, some really nice people scooted over a seat so all three of us could sit together. I warned everyone that we had nose-bleed seats in the View Reserved section, but it was a great view above home plate and ended up protecting us from the windy day. All in all it worked out really well.

The game was so much fun! I get all excited for lots of game food, even if it's kind of pricey. Calories don't count at baseball games! We indulged in Giants Dogs and French Fries (we decided to forgo the Garlic Fries. Ugh, I'm not a fan) and my Mom bought me a Red Rope. : ) So yummy! My Mom is not going to like that I've posted this photo of her, but she looked so nice in her orange sweatshirt!

It also happened to be Tote Bag Day! I love the games where they give you stuff. Aren't tote bags perfect for Mother's Day? See's Candies was the sponsor and the logo on the back wasn't too obnoxious. I have a ton of tote bags, but not one with Giants World Champions on it.

Oh and so you know, the Giants played the Colorado Rockies, the number one team in their division, and WON! Woot woot!

No comments: