Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Future Photographer?

My niece Morgan may have found her calling! Or, like most kids these days, she can't get enough of her parents smart phones. Morgan is 3 1/2 and has already learned how to take photos with her Mom's iPhone 3GS. Then I showed up with my iPhone 4. To give you a little background, Morgan has always been a little confused that she is supposed to sit still while you take her picture or keep on doing her thing while you're shooting a video. She is so fascinated by seeing herself that she sometimes leaves the picture, runs over and asks to "See Morgan!" Her parents have tried to explain to her and Piper that if they leave the picture, the screen will be empty, no Morgan or Piper.

Anyway, Meg, Morgan and I were upstairs in the guest room one day and Morgan wanted to take photos with my phone. I handed it to her and let her click away. Then I remembered that with the iPhone 4, she can take photos of herself by touching the button that flips the camera to the inside lens. Whoa, this was a revelation for Morgan! Meg and I looked at each other and said, "Uh oh. Maybe I shouldn't have shown her that feature." Oh well, the cat was out of the bag. Morgan ended up just cracking us up with her antics, taking photos of just about everyone and herself! Here are some samples.

Piper's cute diaper butt and curly hair.

Most of Dad David.

A happy photo of Mommy Meg. She told Morgan she needed
to get her eyes, nose, and mouth in the picture. Much better!

A sweet Morgan face.

OK, not quite.

There she is!

Aunt Ali's feet and Morgan's dress.

Yeah Morgan!

No comments: