Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Run (with Hills)

Today I ran and walked through my neighborhood. It was a pretty day and I knew there was rain coming soon and my surgery pending. I may as well get in a workout! I chose to take the route all the way down Jackson Street until it dead ends at Arguello near an entrance to The Presidio and back. Yes, there were hills. No, I haven't run hills in some time, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be outside and burn some calories. 

I ended up running about 30 minutes total and walking a little more than that for about a 1.25 hour length of exercise. It was great to be out and about! I didn't even bring my iPod, I just took the time to work things through my mind and enjoy the outdoors. : ) I even brought a few dollars to run a few errands and the end of my workout. It felt good and I iced my knee when I got home. Sure, my knee was a little achy/burning afterwards, but that was to be expected. It was a nice time. 

No comments: