Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. Mine consisted of yummy turkey, all the trimmings, and great company. I saw a few movies, did a little shopping, and tried to fit in some down time. I realized I've been veering away from writing about my knee lately since I'm still frustrated from the elliptical trainer setback. On Thanksgiving Day I hoped on my trainer for the first time in weeks and pedaled away for 10 minutes. Not much, but it's a start. On Saturday I headed to the Bay Club for a swim. They have two indoor pools I swim in from time to time. Dang... they sure chlorinate those pools! I feel like it's my perfume for a day afterward. It's probably not good for my knee, but I also sat in the sauna for 15 minutes after my 35 minute swim. I love it.

So, I decided this week that I need to get back to weights. I was holding off a bit, thinking my knee would heal faster from the surgery and I would be able try the old routine I used to do years ago before I started training for races. It was a good all-around weight machine circuit for the upper and lower body. Now I realize, if I can't run or do heavy weights affecting my knee, I may as well get my upper body toned up! What do you think? Muscle is muscle, right? Hopefully, the lower body weights will follow later.

No comments: