Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sniff... Cough...

I'm such a slacker! I haven't written a thing in over 2 weeks. As for my knee, I haven't had much to write about other than I'm trying to shift my focus away from it. I'm not sure if this is the best plan, but between work travels and coming down with a cold, I haven't done much exercise or physical therapy. Not good. At the same time, I'm tired of worrying about my knee and whether it's ever going to get better. On the positive side, my knee has not been bothering me at all. It's still sort of swollen, as usual, but it's not aching. Still, I haven't been testing it in any way, other than wearing heals once in a while. ; ) Now that I'm finally getting over my cold (and feel like I won't drown in a pool) I need to get back to swimming soon!

Last week I went to L.A. to print Holiday Week 1 window clings for Old Navy. Picture this. I fly to L.A., delayed flight, get to my hotel in Santa Monica around 10:30 PM. I had a bad cold, very congested and walk into my hotel The Viceroy. It's interior is a modern, slightly quirky design and the lobby was dark. First, they had me sit in a big green chair at the reception desk to check in. OK, not at a bank... Then, I headed upstairs to my room. Whoaaaa. I felt like I was in some kind of Alice in Wonderland inspired room. Not quite so "mad hatter," but full of mirrors and cabinets. I took this photo with my phone. I'm sure my cold made it seem more freaky than it really was! Did I sleep? Uh, no, of course not. By the time I got home Thursday night and got through Friday, I slept half the weekend. Wow, I was tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're still alive. Good to hear the knee is doing better... sorta... still good news.