Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rainy Saturday

When I woke up today, I was surprised to see it was a rainy Saturday morning. Since I had been out of town for a few days, I hadn't been watching the weather back home. Wednesday night I flew to Los Angeles for work. After press checks on Thursday morning, I flew to Minneapolis to do the same on Friday. After all the flights, I was really in need for some exercise. I got up early Friday morning, threw on my sneaks and headed out for a walk around a nearby lake. I wasn't sure how far it was to Lake Normandale, or how big it was around so it would be a morning adventure. I figured I would do an "out and back" just by the time on my watch.

There was a bit of a chilly wind, but otherwise, it was a beautiful morning in Minneapolis. It took me about 17 minutes to walk to the lake and it turned out to be just beautiful! About 30 minutes in, I came across a sign with some history of the lake. There weren't any distances marked, but based on the "you are here" arrow and knowing where I started around the lake, I learned I was already halfway around. Great! I could see they whole path. Soon I started my walk/run portion of the hour long workout. The path around the lake was narrow and rolling and I just loved it. I wanted keep running up and down the little hills to see what was around the next corner. Still, I kept myself in check. I stayed with my 10 min walk/run, but ran about 7 minutes of the 10. It felt good. I'm looking forward to running around more of Lake Normandale on my next trip.

Now I'm back home in SF and am enjoying some rest and relaxation. Today is my Dad's birthday, so I'm heading out to Lafayette for dinner and a visit with my parents. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: