Monday, May 19, 2008

Announcing Braydon Richard Allen!

Yesterday afternoon I drove down to Mountain View (30 miles south of San Francisco) to see my friend Anna, her husband Mike, and her stepson Jacobi. Anna gave birth to baby Braydon at El Camino Hospital on Saturday, May 17. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 5 ounces and was 21 inches long. I got to hold little Braydon and he's such a sweet, little thing. So aware, checking everyone out even at just over a day old!

Seeing Anna with her new baby made me realize how fast life can change sometimes. Two and half years ago, Anna and I were racing our first half Ironman triathlon together. Anna beat all of us that trained together, she's a very gifted athlete! Back then I don't think she imagined for a second that only a few short years later she would be married, have a new baby boy and be so incredibly happy. I am thrilled for her, Mike, Jacobi, and the new addition to their family. They are truly blessed. Here are a few photos from yesterday:

Happy new Mom Anna

Two tired boys! Dad Mike and Jacobi

No comments: