Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sophisticated, Yet Youthful

This was my favorite comment on my new haircut. I got my hair, as I say, "chopped" a week and a half ago. Someone else said to me, "You look like a different person!" I'm not sure what to think about that, but overall I like my new haircut a lot. My hair had been long and straight for years as it was convenient to pull it back in a ponytail and out of my face when running, biking or swimming. Lately though I was growing impatient of the work it took to dry and straighten long hair. I just dreaded getting ready in the morning. I decided it was time to try a shorter hairstyle again.

I've had short hair before. The shortest cut in my memory being (besides my Dorothy Hamil haircut in the 4th grade) my shaggy, flippy cut similar to Meg Ryan's hair in "You've Got Mail." A man had once followed me around a mall in Salt Lake City thinking I was Meg Ryan. It was funny, but creepy at the same time.

As soon as I have a photo of my new haircut, I'll post it. For now, my hair is a layered "bob" style cut a little longer than chin length. It now takes me about 10 minutes to do my hair from drying through straightening or curling. Yay! It's so much easier. We'll see how my new haircut reacts to the upcoming cold/rainy weather in San Francisco though. Hopefully it won't turn into a short, frizzy mess! I'll have to get some tips from my sister Meg. She had her hair cut to about the same length a few months back. We're back to being twins. ; )

No comments: