Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome 2009!

I can't believe it's already 5 days into 2009 and this is my first post of the year! I'll try to keep it short, but sweet. I went for my first run of the year last Friday, January 2nd. In comparison to the half hour run I embarked on about two weeks prior, it felt awful! Honestly, I really haven't put on a lot of holiday weight, I promise! My knee didn't hurt or anything, my body just felt like lead and I never really got into the running groove. Oh well, I guess even when I don't run nearly as much as I used to, there are still "good runs" and "bad runs." 

It ended up being a pretty afternoon, the second day of January. The morning was rainy and I headed down to the nice, flat dirt path thinking I would be dealing with the elements. Nope. It was beautiful, albeit a little windy.  This photo is of "Hoppers Hands" my turnaround point next to Fort Point. Some people make sure they touch the hands before they turn around. Me? I tap the paws prints at the bottom with my foot. I'm not normally concerned about germs, but there is something about touching those hands when I know hundreds of people have done so all day long. The paws are much more safe. ; )  

No comments: