Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Niners

Ahhh... it was so wonderful, so reminiscent of the 80's... the 49ers in the NFC playoffs! Yes, I know. The 49ers have been in the playoffs between the 80's and now, but for whatever reason (living out-of-state is one), I spent a long time not being all that excited about our local team. Yes, you could call me a fair weather fan, but I hope you don't. I've always been loyal to Bay Area professional sports, I'm just not always watching or attending every game. I'm a child of the Joe Montana years, no one forgets about that.

Anyway, the run the 49ers had this year was monumental. Yes, we were all excited to get Jim Harbaugh as our new Head Coach, the 3 years he had at Stanford (Stanfurd) were exceptional. Still, no one expected this! One step away from the Super Bowl? It was crazy! This was going to be a "re-building year." One morning during the regular season when I was driving to work, I was listening to one of our morning sports talk radio stations. They said between the Owner (Jed York), GM (Trent Baalke), and Head Coach (Jim Harbaugh), we'll likely be seeing great teams for years to come. From what I learned, these three people are a great combination, all on the same page. Nice to know.

All I know now is that is got exciting. Really exciting! I snapped this photo of San Francisco City Hall on the way home from work one day. I love it! I apologize for the street light and the not-so-clean windows on the Apple coach bus, but you get the idea.

No comments: