Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome to Fall!

Hello! How is everyone this weekend? Good, I hope. I'm doing well this rainy weekend in San Francisco. My knee is feeling better and I'm still learning more about it as it heals. I need to keep it moving and stretched out to allow it to progress and heal. The less I do, the more stiff and uncomfortable my knee can become. Jennifer from Presidio Sport & Medicine said I can get back on my trainer. I need to start only spinning 10 minutes and increase from there. Granny gear, low cadence. Got it. Jennifer also mentioned it will take 6 months to a year to fully heal from the surgery. Sigh. Alright. I've started asking, "When can I run?" Yes, there is a whiny tone in my voice each time I ask. My physical therapists just smile and don't answer that question. Fine, I'll be patient. The first time I finally lace up my sneakers and go for a run, I will probably run with tears streaming down my face. I'll be so happy. : )

No comments: