Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Holidays in Lafayette

The holidays were mellow in Lafayette this year. It was just me and my Mom and Dad. We would have loved to spend Christmas with Morgan and Piper (oh, Meg and David too), but the Allendorfs weren't able to travel South from Spokane this year. We understood, Piper is only 4 months old and it's an ordeal to get a family of 4 packed up and able to travel during the holidays. We sent them lots of goodies and gifts and the photos on Meg's blog have been fun to see.

I had a much-needed "staycation" between Christmas and New Year's. My work closed the corporate office during this week and although we had to use 4 days of PTO, I was more than willing to comply. For me, it was all about sleeping in, taking it easy, and not having much on my schedule. I was able to spend time with a couple of friends that are hard to get together with since they have moved along the road of life of marriage and having kids. All that goes along with it is very time consuming! It was really good to see them since my schedule was much more flexible than usual. : )

My parents, as usual, cooked up some wonderful food (our traditional crab bisque on Christmas Eve) and there were lots of treats to go around. While present opening is not near the event it was when Meg and I were kids, it was still fun. My favorite gift was my Burberry Rain Boots from my Mom and sister. Of course, it hasn't rained since I got them. Ha! Overall, it was nice to have the downtime after months of crazy work schedules and travel.

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

No comments: