Monday, December 14, 2009

More Travels

In late November/early December, I was out of town for almost 2 weeks and away from the office for 3 weeks! As I previously posted, I was in Los Angeles the two days before Thanksgiving, I headed back to L.A. the first week of December and spent my birthday there.

It took me a while to decide what to pack for the trip. The plan was to spend Mon, Nov 31 - Fri, Dec 4 in L.A, then fly up to Spokane for my niece Morgan's 2nd birthday. Last, I went from Spokane to Minneapolis, MN on Dec 8 for more press checks. The weather in Los Angeles was to be much different than Spokane or Minneapolis, but I tried not to worry about bringing a heavy coat because my suitcase was heavy as it was! Well, it turned out I really needed that heavy coat. This was the weather when I flew into Minneapolis.


Yikes... I had planned to stay downtown, but the reps at the printing company I work with recommended I change my reservations to a hotel closer to their plant. Good call. I was in Minneapolis for 3 nights and each night I returned to my hotel room and cranked up the heat! This was the view from my hotel window:


Burr... you should have seen me the first morning I was there, trudging across the parking lot to my beloved Caribou Coffee in a winter jacket appropriate for San Francisco in the Fall. The guys from the printer called it a "windbreaker." Thank goodness one of their wives offered one of her winter coats for me to borrow. I figure the next trip I should take one of my winter coats with me from the time I lived in Salt Lake City and leave it there.

My next trip? Atlanta, GA in January.

No comments: