Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Step Forward...

...two steps back. Wait. Is that the the right phrase? I'm not sure, but it's what I feel like right now. After my 25 minute trainer ride yesterday morning, my knee was swollen all day. I woke up this morning and it's not better. I'm so frustrated! My knee has been swollen for almost 19 months! The surgery was supposed to remove the inflammation and my knee is not supposed to ache this way. I noticed it's not the throbbing ache it used to be, but it's swollen and a little sore nevertheless. : ( I rode my bike on the trainer at a fairly high cadence yesterday (around 90) so maybe that had something to do with it. I've ridden it that fast before, but not for 25 minutes. I'm going to rest today and try a ride tomorrow morning. I'll spin at an easier cadence and see how it feels. I need the cardio SO badly. It's frustrating to realize my progress may be stalling. Is my knee going to be sensitive and swollen forever??? Ugh.

1 comment:

Anne Findlay said...

Hey Ali, That sounds soo frustrating. I am sorry. Keep trying...it will be worth it in the end. Thinking of you,
Anne