Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thoughts of Running

I woke up this morning almost feeling like I could run. It's been almost 8 weeks since my "scope" and up until now the idea of running sounded too hard on my knee. Now, those thoughts are changing. I figure it must mean my knee is healing. I've stopped wearing an Ace bandage around my knee during the day because I don't feel like I need it anymore. That doesn't mean I can't "feel" my knee though. The underside of my patella seems like it is still healing. When shopping at Trader Joe's the other day, I realized squatting to look at something on a bottom shelf... ooh, not a good thing. As Susan told me, "You are going to feel this for 3-4 months." I keep reminding myself of these words.

I'm mentally getting ready for a busy few months ahead. My boss Sandy keeps warning me and I guess until I'm in it, I'm not going to fully understand how crazed it will be. It's holiday print season for Old Navy and I will be traveling quite a lot for press checks. By October it will be weekly. In a way, I guess it's good that I am not training for any particular race. I'll really only have time for the small amount of cardio I do and my physical therapy. I'm up to 24 minutes on my trainer now. Woo hoo! ; ) Baby steps...

1 comment:

Anne Findlay said...

you'll get there Ali. Even being able to consider it is progress... I'm glad to hear that running is becoming a possibility for you again.

Also, incidentally, if you know of anyone in the retail clothing biz that is looking for a clothing manufacturer, my brother and his wife and parents-in-law run an awesome factory in Guatemala. The factory has been going on for quite some time now. They are having some tough competition with China these days but do high quality work, treat their workers well, and have had some good clients in the past (including Victoria Secret and the NFL). Just in case...

best,
anne