Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weekend Travels

I'm finally back from my weekend travels and another work trip to Minneapolis, MN. I had a wonderful time at the Bottomley family reunion in Portland, Oregon. My Aunt Anne, Uncle Bruce, and my cousin Sara and her husband Chris were great hosts. We spent Saturday afternoon at Washington Park in the rose garden listening to live music. I took it easy and did not go out on any hikes because of my knee, but it was a beautiful day and it was so nice to sit and talk with everyone. It was especially nice to see my cute, pregnant sister Meg and her husband David. :)



Once my family reunion was over, I headed straight to Minneapolis, MN for work. One of the printers I work with is there and I was needed for press checks for the upcoming Fall Preview Sale. My sales reps offered to take me to see the 35W bridge that collapsed a week ago today and killed at least 8 people. More are still missing. I didn't realize how close the bridge was to downtown Minneapolis. We walked across a stone bridge with many other people, taking photos and observing the recovery progress. From our vantage point, it was hard to see the entire collapsed bridge below the dam, but it was an eerie sight. Sometimes my personal frustrations with my knee or other things in life seem so minuscule compared to what many people experienced with the bridge tragedy last week. Some families are still waiting to hear about their loved ones. Many prayers for them and all of Minneapolis.

No comments: