Friday, April 18, 2008

My Coffee Fix

I have a hard time remembering when I didn't drink coffee on a regular basis. The truth is it's only been since I moved back to San Francisco that I have been a regular coffee drinker. It's most likely because there is a coffee shop of some kind on almost every corner in this city! Even though I drink coffee most days, I'm pretty sure it's not an addiction for me. Well... OK, I admit, I don't understand decaffeinated coffee. What's the point? ; ) I feel that coffee is more of a habit than anything else, something I sip slowly through the morning.

I was quite excited to get my Midwest coffee fix this week. I went to Minneapolis for a few days to print some of our May in-store signage. My favorite coffee shop in the Twin Cities is Caribou Coffee. There is a shop near my hotel and if I have time in the morning, I try to walk over and grab a cup. Sometimes, I bring my computer and try to get some work done before my print sales reps need me at the plant on press. I'm not sure if it's the coffee beans at Caribou or the way the barista whips up my Vanilla Latte with 2% milk, but it's SO good! This trip I picked up some coffee beans to grind and brew at home. I only recently started to make coffee at home in the morning. Mostly, it's on the weekend so I can relax and enjoy a leisurely cup or two of coffee, sugar, and a little half & half. I decided to start brewing at home by purchasing the Caribou Blend which is on the lighter side of their "darker blends." If it's a little too dark, I'll try something lighter next time. I admit, I tend to add a little coffee to my milk, not the other way around. Cheers!
"Life Is Short. Stay Awake For It."
- Caribou Coffee

No comments: