Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Nice Day - Part I

It's been a nice Sunday. I woke up early this morning, for a Sunday, and completed a 25 minute ride on my trainer. It felt fine, but the reality of a workout usually doesn't become clear to me until 24 hours later. My knee often shows a delayed reaction. Hopefully, it will be fine tomorrow.

As for being accountable to my workouts this week, I completed all but one. Swimming was the only exercise I didn't get to in my plans. I rode my bike on my trainer twice, and walked three times. The week was tough, I have to admit. My knee bothered be a bit towards the end of the week and I kept thinking, "Why? I haven't done all that much more than I usually do." Now yes, I had added in the trainer rides, but last week I did those at the beginning of the week. I realized it could have been stress. My physical therapist friend mentioned that my knee could be more sensitive to stress now than before my injury. Interesting. It was a very stressful week. First, my boss unfortunately experienced a terrible bout of food poisoning. I felt so badly for her, it sounded awful. Both she and I had a lot going on this week, so a took on some of her projects as well. I admit, I had a moment (or two) of panic, then I settled in and got everything I could done. Second, I had a big presentation on Friday. It was on my trip to test window displays in our new store in Florida. The presentation took some planning and practice through the week. I was happy and relieved when it was over Friday afternoon and I was told the presentation was good. For those of you that may not know, public speaking is not my forte so the compliments were much appreciated. Whew...

Here is a photo of how my day ended on Friday. After waiting for a Muni train, which rode on by and did not stop because it was full, I decided to walk to downtown. I remembered that the new Old Navy logo sign should have been posted that day at the Gap Inc. headquarters building on 2 Folsom. The window bays on the Spear Street side of the building contain current Old Navy images with a logo sign hanging in the center window. I thought, "Great! I'll swing by and take a look." I walked up to the window and sighed... oh no! The center of the "O" of the "ON" letters in our new logo had fallen to the floor of the window bay! I called my vendor that produced the sign right away. Actually, I sent him this photo I took on my camera phone with the word "Help," then he called me back. He told me the blue letters were supposed to be applied to the white background with a strong, permanent glue. I told him as I peered through the window that the circle from the middle of the "O" looked like it had tape on the back. Tape! Not good. He was upset about it too and promised to make it right on Monday. I will be calling corporate operations at Gap Inc. tomorrow morning to either find a temporary solve to the broken sign or have them take it down altogether. So frustrating! I had been working on getting that sign completed for some time and was happy to finally get the old logo (the ellipse, if you remember) removed from the window. Hopefully, the sign will be fixed quickly.

As you may guess, I was glad it was the weekend.

1 comment:

tommiann said...

Hi,
I enjoy reading your blog...I am from Sacramento and currently live in North Carolina.
I'm sorry your knee keeps you from running; I know that it can be frustrating and annoying.
(no I'm not a weirdo:)just an ESL teacher who's married to a retired military man. Signed up for the Nike Women's marathon and didn't get selected. I'm really disappointed; my mom was chosen. She's really excited about it. Loved the pic of your logo...kind of funny. I know that it was the "icing on the cake" but it is kind of amusing. Again, I enjoy reading your blog.
tommiann