Monday, July 14, 2008

Ah... This is the Life

Are you wondering what I am up to on my vacation? Am I hiking through the tropical forests? Scuba diving off the coast of Maui? Surfing the waves? Do you want the honest truth...? This is what I have been doing:

A papaya/strawberry blended rum drink - Sweet Lorraine

Yummy.... : ) On past vacations, I've been scuba diving, I have done the grueling hikes, and have never gained an interest in surfing. I am perfectly happy relaxing and reading poolside or on the beach and most of this trip. For those of you that may be concerned, my poolside drinks usually amount to two over a 4 hour period, with lots of water to keep from getting dehydrated. One thing I thought I did want to do on this visit to Maui was parasailing. I called about a reservation yesterday and learned that, unfortunately, the minimum weight for a one person parasailing ride is 130 pounds. I am happy to say I am under that weight (the girl on the phone giggled at my predicament in a very complimentary way), but am sad to say they wouldn't make any exceptions. It's just not safe to be too light and tossed by the wind. So, unless I can find another random soul at the resort that is in the same situation, I won't be going parasailing on this trip. It's a little close quarters with a stranger anyway! I'll wait until a friend or loved one can join me another time.

I'm sitting on my hotel room balcony now listening to the waterfall and enjoying the calm morning. I am icing my knee from a lovely walk/run on the Ka'anapali shoreline. It consisted of 16 minutes of running within a hour walk/run total. We'll see how my knee feels later today or tomorrow. I find myself getting up earlier each day I'm on the island. You simply can't help it! It gets light so early in the morning and people are out and about. The birds start chirping and I know it's time to start the day. We really have had great weather so far. About 87 degrees each day and the humidity is not too high. Comfortable really. In about a half an hour, I'm going to pack up my pool/beach gear and walk over to my favorite pool, the Oahu pool. It's lovely. Hopefully Miss Kesia (I hope I got her name right) will be there to serve me another Sweet Lorraine or some other tropical/fruity drink. Kesia actually pouted yesterday when I told her I needed to pay for my drinks and leave the pool for the day. She's a really nice lady. It was around 2:30 PM and I decided to head to Lahina for a little shopping and a bite to eat. Here is the sunset from Lahina last evening.

No comments: