Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last Day of Vacation

Today is officially my last day of vacation. I'm back home, but my head has still been in Hawaii since I got back on Thursday night. Usually after a week long trip I am ready to get home and be in my own bed, but this time, I wish I was back in the tropical sunshine! What does that say about me? Hmm... I think it says a few things: 1) My job is on-the-go, every single day. I love my job, but I've recognized over the last year and a half that it's quite hectic. Gap Inc. promotes a good work/life balance and I really appreciate that, but that doesn't mean there aren't days I work late. For the most part I leave the office by 6 or 6:30 PM, but each day is jam packed and I rarely have a quiet moment. When I travel for press checks, my downtime is usually the flight then I'm off and running. Even though my print vendors try to give me the best press check times, being on press can be long and tiring late into the evening. I was due for a real vacation.

2) The second reason my mind may be still back on Maui, is that I really enjoyed my trip. My room was great, the beach and pools were amazing, and the service was top notch. I work hard and it was time for me to treat myself to a tropical vacation with sun, fun, and relaxation. I've always been fairly frugal and for past vacations I've never put much towards my accommodations.
This was my first trip solo, so even though I didn't want to be in my room all that much, I felt best booking a hotel I knew would be nice and comfortable. The Westin Maui room rate was more than I would usually spend (using the corporate travel company provided a discount, yeah Gap Inc.!), but I felt like I deserved to stay somewhere a little more on the "cushy" side! In the end, this location, this hotel, and this trip was exactly what I needed. If only I could have stayed a little longer. ; )

Tomorrow... well, it's back to the real world. Time to start planning another trip!

No comments: