Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to Work - Day 1

I feel that my first day back to work after my knee scope is important to mention. Albeit, I'm going to try my best to keep it short, but sweet, mainly for the simple fact I am so tired. Today was rough. I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn't anticipate how hard. Why exactly, you ask? Well, it was for two reasons. First, crutches (hate them), and second, by the end of the day my knee was aching, felt heavy, and was a little more swollen than usual. "Not good," I thought I as I finally made my way home.

I guess it was to be expected, although I really felt as if I was being quite careful. I took Dr. Dye's recommendation and whenever I could, I asked a coworker to pick something up off the printer for me or throw away my coffee cup. Luckily, I have wonderful colleagues and they were willing to help. I did as much as I could to stay at my desk and not get up and down more than necessary. Sure, there were a few times I had to stand up to stretch out and move around a bit, but I think overall I did well. I'm pretty sure my achy knee was simply due to the length of the day and the fact I had not spent 8+ hours since my scope being up and about. I figure my healing speed may slow down at this point and it's going to be an adjustment. Thing is, it's real life and I have to go back to work.

Luckily, tomorrow one of my coworkers offered to pick me up on her way to work in the morning. Yeah for Tisa! She drives into the city from Marin County. I gladly accepted and may take her up on that offer until I finally can ditch the crutches. Mass transit with crutches? Miserable. I'll avoid that scenario as long as I can. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, working already! I suspect that you are currently enduring the most difficult time of your recovery period. I hope it gets better for you soon. Hang in there.

Bill