Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another "Work from Home" Day

I'm back on my couch working from home today. No, my knee hasn't started to hurt again, this is simply a precautionary measure. I had a physical therapy appointment yesterday and my manager at work and I decided I would work from home the day after physical therapy for the time being. I will probably do this a few more times to allow my knee some extra rest. I am lucky to have supportive coworkers that allow me to do this.

That said, I'm on edge today and realize I have been feeling this way since the weekend. I haven't been able to shake it. I'm frustrated with my healing process and can't seem to let that go and relax. I know I should be content knowing that in time my knee will be fine. Right now, I am not content. This has turned into me being defensive and I have snapped at people for the last few days. This is not good and I do not want it to continue, but it's been really hard to stop for some reason. My take on my defensiveness is that I feel inadequate physically so I'm extra edgy when anyone criticizes my work or other personal things. I already feel bad enough personally, that I want to succeed and have control over everything else. I want work to be going perfectly and when it doesn't, I get all snippy and frustrated. I know this is not a healthy place to be as I love my job and am very grateful it's a part of my life. I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize my standing as "employed" so I'm trying my best to suppress my issues.

So, I'm not exactly enjoying my "work from home day." The last one I had was good. I got SO much done since there weren't nearly as many phone calls, meetings, or interruptions going on. Today is different. I'm a little bitter that I need this at all and am probably feeling a little lonely since I already had a boring weekend last weekend and didn't get out much. At work I'm surrounded by people and am somewhat distracted from my knee problem since there is so much to do. I didn't realize I needed that distraction until now. Sigh. As in most situations, I'm sure this is all a phase and I'll get through it. In time, always in time.

No comments: