Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Beautiful Bike Ride

One highlight of my trip to Yosemite was a bike ride. Rather than dealing with a bike rental I took my poor, neglected road bike with intentions of getting back on for a spin. I didn't know if the tires were any good and I'm sure it was in major need of a tune-up, but I thought, why not?

I purchased new pedals a while back (Speedplay, better for the knees they say). I actually had not been outside on them, only riding on my trainer, so the first mile of my ride was actually pedaling around a parking lot making sure I knew how to clip in and out of them! Once I hit the road, I ended up riding for just over an hour. Yosemite has wonderful bike paths and roads, the scenery is just spectacular! I even took on some minor hills and wasn't worse for the wear later that night or the next day. It just plain made me happy.

Ah, Half Dome. This was the start of my ride.

A lovely creek.

My bike. : )

On the way back through Yosemite Village I noticed a crowd staring at something...

A buck! Yes, it's real. I texted my Mom to tell her. She said, "Don't go near it!" Thanks Mom. : ) It didn't seem to care about any of us. I also ran into my cousins just afterwards. They looked at me in my riding gear and said, "Ali?" Yeah, I'm not usually wearing a helmet and bike shorts around them.

No comments: