Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow and Prohibition

Ah, Minneapolis... One my work travel locations. I hadn't been there in a while, but I really enjoy the reps from the printing company I send work to there. They are just really down to earth, nice people. Not the shifty, sales-y people you run into most of the time. This trip was a little cold and snowy, but I missed the worst of the snow that hit a few days before I arrived. I was able to stay at the W Foshay, in downtown Minneapolis. I had only stayed there once before, but like it a lot since the hotel has some history. It was at one time the tallest skyscraper in Minneapolis. It wasn't a "W hotel" then, obviously, but when W took it over and renovated it, they did a great job in capturing the history. If you ride the elevator to the top, there is a viewing deck similar to the Empire State Building, but on a smaller scale. This time, I decided to pop into their bar called Prohibition for a martini before I called it a night.

Sorry it's a little small, I pulled this from the hotel website.

A downtown view from Prohibition. The lights inside were low and looked kinda purple in the photos!

I was trying to catch the snow outside on the ledge. Can you see it?

A Cosmo. I know, I know... but I really like them! This one actually wasn't very good, but it was pretty.

No comments: