Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THE SF GIANTS ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

My Mom said she didn't think it would happen in her lifetime and no one predicted it would happen this year, but the San Francisco Giants are World Series Champions! I've never seen San Francisco so pumped and excited rallying behind this team. Here is a little of my experience leading up to the World Series.

A workday walk around the ballpark. My office is close to the ballpark so we couldn't help but get swept up in the excitement of the playoffs.

I wasn't able to get playoff tickets, but during one game against the Philadelphia Phillies I met some friends across the street from the ballpark at Pete's Tavern. It was odd but fun to hear the roar of the crowd from the ballpark, then see the big play a few seconds later in delay on the big screen TV's. This is a photo during my walk back to my car near the end of the game.

Another ballpark photo.

A photo from the drawbridge over McCovey Cove.

Even Morgan got into the playoffs wearing a Panda hat from her Gram and Grampa B. They say Giants player Pablo Sandoval looks like a Panda which inspired the panda hat.

Being a fan of Giants baseball is not easy! There was not one game leading up to or during the Post-Season that we weren't on edge. The Giants rarely get far enough ahead in runs to be able to relax. We call it "Torture."

This photo is of the SF City Hall swathed in orange lights after the Giants won the National League Championships.

Another shot.

And the San Francisco Giants are World Champions! It's still surreal to see this logo.

No comments: