Thursday, June 26, 2008

Only at Old Navy

I'm having one of those days at work where I think, "What a unique place where I earn my living." How many people can say they ate lunch one table away from Todd Oldham? Or they spent a half an hour steaming table skirts to get ready for a holiday decor walk through? I did those things today.

I went downstairs to the cafe for lunch to meet my manager Sandy. She bought and I brought, but we both wanted to get away from our desks. I walked over to the table where she was sitting and glanced to the left. Todd Oldham was sitting with our Design Director eating lunch like the rest of us. For those of you who don't know who Todd Oldham is, he is our celebrity designer and is well known throughout the industry for his couture design and even interior decor. Todd actually seems very nice and has said hello to me on a few occasions when I have stepped on the elevator with him or passed him in the cafe.

At 2pm I went to the room next to our Mock Store. The Mock Store is set up with all of the actual shelves, tables and fixtures to represent an actual Old Navy store. It is used primarily by the visual merchandising team for in store clothing layout (yes, it is all planned). The marketing team, my group, uses the Mock Store to test out new signage and seasonal decor. The room next to the Mock Store represents a "main aisle" of the store. We used it today to show our plans for holiday decor and the Executive VP of Marketing was to walk through and seal it with his approval or not. I ended up steaming some table skirts so they didn't look like they had been crumpled into a box for the last few days, which they had. The walk through is happening tomorrow. Cross your fingers that our EVP approves!

No comments: