Friday, June 20, 2008

Please Watch

I have two friends competing at Ironman Coeur d'Alene this Sunday. Even though I don't talk to them very often, I know they have been training very hard and are well prepared for their big race. Anne, Jill, and I trained and completed our first half Ironman distance race together in August 2005. Wow, that seems like a long time ago now! We all traveled to Hawaii together for the Honu Half Ironman in June 2006. By then, my knee pain had started and I chose to do the swim and bike portion of the race, but not finish with the run. Anne and Jill were very supportive of me during this time and did what they could to keep my spirits up. Since then, they have continued on with their training and have done incredibly well.

Jill and Anne have both finished the Wildflower Triathlon Half Ironman twice since then and Jill ran the New York City Marathon. Anne embarked on Ironman Coeur d'Alene last year too and when she finished, she signed up again for this year! Jill decided to sign up too and they trained together. I'm planning on watching their progress on Ironmanlive.com this Sunday. I'm really excited for them.

I also want to mention that Anne is involved with an amazing organization called Triabetes. The participants are all athletes living and training with diabetes. They will be competing at Ironman Wisconsin in Madison this Fall. Here is a link to a video where you can see my friend Anne. She rocks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BpIywyPvqDg

1 comment:

Anne Findlay said...

thank you Ali and thank you also for the e-card! I will think of you every time I cross a timing mat!
-Anne