Sunday, July 15, 2007

Allez! Allez!

I received two pieces of mail from California Pacific Medical Center this week. I have to say, the first one made my heart jump. I thought, "Are they sending me a bill already?" Then, I thought the envelope size did not look like a bill statement. They turned out to be cards thanking me for choosing CMPC, one with signatures from the nurses that helped me all day. They wished me well. I felt a little badly, since in all reality my doctor chose CPMC, not me. It is where she does her Thursday surgeries. That said, I appreciate their follow-up hoping I had a good experience.

I'm spending this evening watching Stage 8 of the Tour de France. I love it! It's exciting as the competitors chase each other up and down the Alps for 100 miles one day, then get up the next day and do it all over again. I don't know how they do it! When I was in my best shape two years ago, I rode in Waves to Wine, a local bike tour raising money for the MS Society. The first day I rode 75 miles, then 57 the next. I REALLY wanted to get off my bike at the end of that second day! I couldn't imagine cycling the next day, much less day after day for 3 weeks! Well, that's what these pros train to do. They are amazing. If you haven't watched it yet, I thoroughly recommend it. If you get Versus (formerly OLN) try to watch a day or more of the tour. You'll get hooked!

1 comment:

Anne Findlay said...

Hey Ali,
I agree that it's been fun to watch a bit of the Tour. It seems like a rough year with regards to crashes. Yikes. Who are you rooting for? :)

Those guys must go through a lot of bike shorts, or laundry, or both! I guess they have people to take care of those sorts of things...

Glad that you had a good experience with CPMC!

-Anne