Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Must Be Tired

I was a little tired at work today, then I got home and fell asleep on my couch! The TV was still on and it was the kind of nap that knocks you out and then it's REALLY hard to wake up. I'm not sure why I was so tired, but I had a few evenings out this week. I had a great time Tuesday night with some old coworkers from Pickett Advertising, my previous employer. We met at The Wine Merchant at the Ferry Building, then ate some delicious Mexican Food at Orale! Orale! nearby. It was good to see them and catch up on everything. Last night I went over to my friend Lisa's house, who is pregnant and on bed rest. I was planning to bring her dinner and keep her company, but she already had some wonderful pasta and bean salads and veggies brought by recent visitors. We even tapped it off with homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies baked by her Mom! Yum. As always, it's great to spend time with Lisa and even on bed rest, she is looking fantastic!

Neither Tuesday or Wednesday were late evenings, so maybe more rest than usual is best for me for a while longer. I've noticed this week that more swelling has subsided in my knee. Normally I would consider that a good thing, but I realized the swelling was providing some cushioning overall. Now, my knee feels even more tender to the touch. Hopefully, that tenderness will go away soon as well. My range of motion is about 90% and I'm working on it with my exercises. Once I get full ROM, I will be able to start on a stationary bike. I promise, I will take it easy though. I don't think I'll be out on my road bike for a while yet. In the meantime, I'll keep living vicariously through the Tour. Go Levi!

No comments: