Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week Three

Can you believe it's been 3 weeks since my surgery? My knee is still a little swollen, as you can see from the most recent photo, but I find it amazing how small my scars are at this point. I did not expect that at all. An added benefit, I say.

I finally start physical therapy next Wednesday when I return from a business trip. I was supposed to start PT this week, but had a hard time coordinating with Michelle, the physical therapist I saw at CPMC last year. When a business trip got scheduled the same time as my first appointment with Michelle next week, I learned the next date available with her was more than another week out. I knew I had to find someone else. I called Presidio Sport & Medicine. I had been there years ago for training seminars with my training group, PacWest Athletics. Coincidentally, I attended high school with a physical therapist, Susan, at PSM. I called and spoke to a cheery women at PSM yesterday afternoon. She asked who did my surgery and when I answered Dr. Lesley Anderson, she replied, "Good, she's the best." I was immediately set up for sessions with Susan over the next 4 weeks. Good, done. I already feel like I'm a little behind, so I'm glad to be starting soon.

Overall, my knee still feels like it is on the way to recovery. The doctor said to expect 6 -8 weeks for recovery so I'm possibly halfway there, but maybe not quite. My knee does feel better every day, although I'm starting to wonder if it will ever feel normal again. I hope so, but I'm sure I will have to be good to it from here on out. I will do my best!

No comments: