Sunday, July 8, 2007

Back in SF

I'm back home in San Francisco tonight, getting prepared for the work day tomorrow. Am I up to it? I'm not entirely sure. How hard will it be to get around on my crutches? I know I should use them, but I have a feeling I'll want to hobble without them quickly back and forth to the printer or to talk to people who's desks are near mine. I'll have to remember to take it easy though and ease off as much as I can. My Mom and Dad drove me back to the city tonight and I thought, "Can't I stay with them longer and get more rest and delicious meals?" : ) I know, I know... back to the real world. If I must.

I got home to three messages on my answering machine. I guess I should have given my doctor my cell phone number. Oops... Dr. Anderson left me a message on Friday checking in to see how I was doing and to remind me to start my exercises. I appreciated her follow-up. A nurse from the hospital, CPMC, called as well to check on me. Very nice. The last message was Dr. Anderson's office calling to adjust my post-op appointment tomorrow from 1:45 PM to 11:15 AM. Unfortunately, I don't think I can change that due to morning meetings at work, but I'll call early tomorrow to figure something out. I am anxious to get my stitches out and make sure everything is healing alright. Here's a photo of my knee sans the layers of bandages. There is one arthroscopy suture per bandaid (3). I'm surprised my knee is not more swollen, but it does feel tight and achy. I'm sure how my knee feels in the future will depend a good deal on how treat it right now, while recovering. I intend to continue the TLC on my own. Time for some ice, then off to sleep. Good night!

2 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

Take it easy at work tomorrow, Ali. It's okay if you are moving a little slower right now. Ask people to help you if it is tough to get around.

I hope your first day back is a breeze.

-Anne

Jill said...

Great to hear you are doing well, thanks for the updates! Be sure to take your time recovering, it's been a long road and I'm sure will be well worth the little extra patience!