Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Distracted

Between watching the Tour de France this past week and reading the final Harry Potter book, I have been somewhat distracted from my knee pain. More than anything, I'm feeling in limbo. My knee seems to be healing at the pace stated by my doctor so far, but I'm not yet at a point to put it to the test. My first physical therapy appointment is not until next week, so I'm in limbo. I wonder, is my knee going to heal and will I recover from this 100%? Could I always have discomfort? It's less than 3 weeks since my surgery so I suppose it's still too soon to tell.

I have to mention I am impressed by my how Dr. Anderson stitched up the three points where she scoped my knee. I've mostly seen people's scars as round spots a little smaller than the size of holes in a 3-hole punch. My incisions were left as small straight lines with a dot on each side for the one stitch to each. They are like small division symbols. If they stay this way, the scars may be hard to see at all once they fade. Nice. Photo to come...

No comments: