Thursday, July 12, 2007

One Week Down

Wow, what a good night sleep can do! I can't say I slept for 8 hours straight, but I woke up this morning feeling more rested than I had in a week. Yay. It really seemed to make a difference in my day overall as I felt much more energetic and my knee didn't tire out as much by the end of the day. Here's a photo of my knee one week down. The "+" strips of tape replaced my stitches on Monday as they were literally glued to my skin. The physician's assistant told me to let the tape strips fall off on their own. I think my knee looks pretty good, don't you? There is a little swelling, but not nearly as much as I thought there could be. My knee does not hurt when I walk, but it's somewhat tender and when I bump it (as little as humanly possible) I feel a small jolt of pain. That is certainly to be expected.

2 comments:

Berri said...

Hi Ali,

It looks like your recovery is going great! Keep it up!

Anne Findlay said...

wahoo! glad to hear things are progressing well. I like the photo of your knee. :)